-   -   Return value in non-blank cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/189905-return-value-non-blank-cell.html)

DebbieV

Return value in non-blank cell

Hi

I have dates in some cells and remainder blank in column A if I want
to return the value located in A3 in F3 how do only return a value if
it is a non-blank?

(I have done this before but memory is 'blank'!)

thanks
Debbie

T. Valko

Return value in non-blank cell

Maybe this:

=IF(A3<"",A3,"")

Which means: if A3 is not blank return the value of A3, otherwise return
blank.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"DebbieV" wrote in message
Hi

I have dates in some cells and remainder blank in column A if I want
to return the value located in A3 in F3 how do only return a value if
it is a non-blank?

(I have done this before but memory is 'blank'!)

thanks
Debbie

DebbieV

Return value in non-blank cell

Thanks Biff!

"DebbieV" wrote in message

Hi

I have dates in some cells and remainder blank in column A if I want
to return the value located in A3 in F3 how do only return a value if
it is a non-blank?

(I have done this before but memory is 'blank'!)

thanks
Debbie- Hide quoted text -

T. Valko

Return value in non-blank cell