-   -   auto adjusting for calculation when a row is added (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/189590-auto-adjusting-calculation-when-row-added.html)

[email protected]

auto adjusting for calculation when a row is added

I have a spreadsheet where I keep track of my muutal funds. For each
fund I calculate the cost basis, then go to another cell and using
that basis, determine whether the fund has had a lost or gain, then
based on that determine the ROI as a percent. Today, as I add a row
for every dividend received, the cost basis changes at the end of the
row. I then have to manually go to the cell which calculates out the
gain because there is a new cost basis and then have to do the same
for the cell that calculates the percentage. Since I have several
funds, this is time consuming each month as new dividends are
received.

Is there a way to auto adjust the two calulated fields (gain and
percent) for the new cost basis?

Not sure how to auto adjust when I add a new row? Then would have to
do this for each fund in the worksheet.

appreciate any help.

thanks...