-   -   Deleting Rows in A Pattern (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/189465-deleting-rows-pattern.html)

DyingIsis

Deleting Rows in A Pattern

Hello -

I have a data set from a Pivot table, and I want to delete every row with a
blank underneath Total. This turns out to be every 4th row. Is there a way to
automatically delete every 4th row in excel?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Product Period Data Total
A Q1 Total Number of Items 1
Diff from Q1
Q2 Total Number of Items 4
Diff from Q1 3
B Q1 Total Number of Items 2
Diff from Q1
Q2 Total Number of Items 3
Diff from Q1 1
C Q1 Total Number of Items 3
Diff from Q1
Q2 Total Number of Items 2
Diff from Q1 -1
D Q1 Total Number of Items 4
Diff from Q1
Q2 Total Number of Items 1
Diff from Q1 -3

Max

Deleting Rows in A Pattern

I have a data set from a Pivot table, and I want to delete every row with a
blank underneath Total.

If you mean a copy of pivot, not a real pivot ..
Filter on that "Total" col, select blanks
Select filtered rows, right click Delete row
--
Max
Singapore