-   -   MATCH -- HYPERLINK functions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/189392-match-hyperlink-functions.html)

F. Lawrence Kulchar

MATCH -- HYPERLINK functions

In cell D4, I have:

=MATCH(C4&"*",'Alph. by State'!A1:A1083,0)

I wish to create a hyperlink to sheet entitled "Alph. by State"...I changed
the name of Sheet1 to "Alph. by State".

In cell E4, I have:

=HYPERLINK("#sheet1!A"&D4,"GO TO")

The hyperlink worked fine until I renamed sheet1 to "Alph. by State".

I cannot seem to fix my cell E4..I get error message,
"reference not valid".

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks,

FLKulchar

Gary''s Student

MATCH -- HYPERLINK functions

The spaces are the problem. Use:
Alph._by_State
for the new sheetname.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200789

"F. Lawrence Kulchar" wrote:

In cell D4, I have:

=MATCH(C4&"*",'Alph. by State'!A1:A1083,0)

I wish to create a hyperlink to sheet entitled "Alph. by State"...I changed
the name of Sheet1 to "Alph. by State".

In cell E4, I have:

=HYPERLINK("#sheet1!A"&D4,"GO TO")

The hyperlink worked fine until I renamed sheet1 to "Alph. by State".

I cannot seem to fix my cell E4..I get error message,
"reference not valid".

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks,

FLKulchar

FLKulchar

MATCH -- HYPERLINK functions

This reply is from the author....I have discovered the problem:

The "sheet reference" canNOT have any blanks in it!

Thanks,

FLKulchar
"F. Lawrence Kulchar" wrote in
message ...
In cell D4, I have:

=MATCH(C4&"*",'Alph. by State'!A1:A1083,0)

I wish to create a hyperlink to sheet entitled "Alph. by State"...I
changed
the name of Sheet1 to "Alph. by State".

In cell E4, I have:

=HYPERLINK("#sheet1!A"&D4,"GO TO")

The hyperlink worked fine until I renamed sheet1 to "Alph. by State".

I cannot seem to fix my cell E4..I get error message,
"reference not valid".

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks,

FLKulchar

Gary''s Student

MATCH -- HYPERLINK functions

Also avoid #
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200789

"FLKulchar" wrote:

[...]

The "#" is required:

It's one of those HTML thingies. It means sub-address (as far as I know!).

If you look at web pages, you'll see that this takes you to the page:
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html

But this takes you to a sub-address within that page:
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble

FLKulchar
"Gary''s Student" wrote in message
Also avoid #

[...]