-   -   Using Multiple Worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/189316-using-multiple-worksheets.html)

Pfizer Gal[_2_]

Using Multiple Worksheets

I have 3 worksheets and I want to link one cell in one worksheet to another.
The first worksheet cell has a formula in it. How do I get a cell from one
worksheet to enter data into another cell on another worksheet?

Peo Sjoblom

Using Multiple Worksheets

Copy the cell, select where you want the link and do editpaste special and
select paste link

Peo Sjoblom

"Pfizer Gal" wrote in message
I have 3 worksheets and I want to link one cell in one worksheet to
another.
The first worksheet cell has a formula in it. How do I get a cell from
one
worksheet to enter data into another cell on another worksheet?

sb1920alk

Using Multiple Worksheets

In the destination cell, type the equal sign =
then click the tab and then the cell containing the source value you want.
Excel will write the formula for you. It will look something like =Sheet1!A1

"Pfizer Gal" wrote:

I have 3 worksheets and I want to link one cell in one worksheet to another.
The first worksheet cell has a formula in it. How do I get a cell from one
worksheet to enter data into another cell on another worksheet?

FSt1

Using Multiple Worksheets

hi
a simple formula will do.
on sheet 2 cell a1, enter = sheet1!A1
what ever is in sheet1 cell a1 will appear in sheet2 cell a1.

adjust to suit.
Regards
FSt1

"Pfizer Gal" wrote:

I have 3 worksheets and I want to link one cell in one worksheet to another.
The first worksheet cell has a formula in it. How do I get a cell from one
worksheet to enter data into another cell on another worksheet?

Marie

Using Multiple Worksheets

Simple......... cursor in destination cell hit + go to cell you want copied
(do not hit enter key in the mean time) when you get to the cell you want
copied hit enter...........voila........ they are linked. If you want the
destination cell to be a hard number then do a copy/paste value .

Unless I totally misunderstood the question.

"Pfizer Gal" wrote:

I have 3 worksheets and I want to link one cell in one worksheet to another.
The first worksheet cell has a formula in it. How do I get a cell from one
worksheet to enter data into another cell on another worksheet?

Harald Staff[_2_]

Using Multiple Worksheets

Cells can not write to other cells, other cells must fetch their own value
by containing a formula.

HTH. Best wishes Harald