-   -   Adding different numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/189282-adding-different-numbers.html)

jaywizz

Adding different numbers

Sorry just a follow up question. If I have a column filled with 1's, 2's and
3's how can I count each number i.e. there are seven 1's, six 2's and eleven
3's?

Mike H

Adding different numbers

Hi,

Try this
=COUNTIF(A1:A1000,ROW(A1))

This will count the 1s drag dow and it will count the 2s and every time you
drag down it increments.

Mike

"jaywizz" wrote:

Sorry just a follow up question. If I have a column filled with 1's, 2's and
3's how can I count each number i.e. there are seven 1's, six 2's and eleven
3's?

Bernie Deitrick

Adding different numbers

Mike,

Prior to dragging down, the table should be made absolute

=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$1000,ROW(A1))

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"jaywizz" wrote:

Sorry just a follow up question. If I have a column filled with 1's, 2's and
3's how can I count each number i.e. there are seven 1's, six 2's and eleven
3's?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Adding different numbers

=COUNTIF(A1:A24,1)