-   -   character map (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/189200-character-map.html)

bushy

character map

I have a spreadsheet that has tick boxes in them that I cant delete or cut.
Please can anyone tell me how to do this and they are no longer required.

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_562_]

character map

I'm not sure what your Subject line has to do with your question... usually
it is a good idea to make them related. Also, you haven't given us a lot of
information to go on, but you can try the following procedures to see if one
of them works for you.

1) Right-click on one of the controls. If you get a shaded outline around
it, left-click on that outline (to get rid of the popup menu that probably
appeared and press the Delete key.

2) If you didn't get a shaded outline by right-clicking a control, then
click View/Toolbars on Excel's menu bar and click the Visual Basic item in
order to put a check mark next to it. Doing this will add the Visual Basic
toolbar to your worksheet. Click the Design Mode icon (it looks like a
triangle, ruler and pencil) to highlight it. Now left-click the control to
select it and then press the Delete key.

My guess is that one of the above procedures (or maybe both if you have a
mixture of controls) will let you delete the controls from your worksheet.

Rick