-   -   drop down list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/18909-drop-down-list.html)

drop down list

Hello,
I am hoping someone out there can help me with my current problem. I would
like to use a drop down list and when a specific item is chosen the next
couple of cells below it are populated with data depending on which item was
selected.

Is this possible or relatively easy to do if so how do I go about doing it.

Thanks for your time. Any input is appreciated.

Debra Dalgleish

You can use Data Validation to create dropdown lists. There are
instructions in Excel's help, and he

To return the related information for the selected item, you can use a
VLookup formula. There are instructions and examples he

There's a sample file that uses Data Validation and VLookup formulas he

http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#Function

Under Data Validation, look for 'Order Form'

c wrote:
Hello,
I am hoping someone out there can help me with my current problem. I would
like to use a drop down list and when a specific item is chosen the next
couple of cells below it are populated with data depending on which item was
selected.

Is this possible or relatively easy to do if so how do I go about doing it.

Thanks for your time. Any input is appreciated.

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Gord Dibben

You could use the VLOOKUP Function with a table.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for info.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

While you're there check out using Data Validation drop-downs for entering
values to lookup.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP