-   -   Excel 2007 GetPivotData Function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/189071-excel-2007-getpivotdata-function.html)

Mary Fetsch

Excel 2007 GetPivotData Function

In Excel 2007, I'm using the GetPivotData function to get data to one sheet
from company data on another sheet. Sometimes a company is missing, and then
I get #REF! in the GetPivotData cell. Is there a way to incorporate the
GetPivotData function in an IF function, or some other way, to check for the
missing condition? Maybe somehow check for #REF!? Thanks!

Bernie Deitrick

Excel 2007 GetPivotData Function

Mary,

=IF(ISERROR(GETPIVOTDATA(...)),"What you want if the company name doesn't exist",GETPIVOTDATA(....))

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Mary Fetsch" wrote in message
In Excel 2007, I'm using the GetPivotData function to get data to one sheet
from company data on another sheet. Sometimes a company is missing, and then
I get #REF! in the GetPivotData cell. Is there a way to incorporate the
GetPivotData function in an IF function, or some other way, to check for the
missing condition? Maybe somehow check for #REF!? Thanks!

Mary Fetsch

Excel 2007 GetPivotData Function

Thanks a lot!