-   -   Problem using vlookup to get values from another file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/189062-problem-using-vlookup-get-values-another-file.html)

Stee n

Problem using vlookup to get values from another file

Hi

I try to use vlookup to get values from another worksheet, but do not get
the expected values.

Formula used in Col I, Row 1319:
=VLOOKUP(F1319;[V60VMPParameterSettingsLAC_STMLA.xls]V60ParaSettingsLACControl!$A:$D;1;TRUE)

Ex. of Excel file where formular is used - row1318-1320.
A B C E F
G...
Thyristors ThyGx 8 82 THYIntervalAngle40Px Reserved In Delta Phi
Int5 0
Pitch PitchGx 9 1 TsScanPx msec TsScanPx
100 LowGridVoltStartPx
Pitch PitchGx 9 2 PitchNoLoadAboveRpmPx RPM Pitch to NoLoad above
RPM 1500

Data Excel file:
Sheet 1 : General
A B C D E F
TsScanPx msec TsScanPx 100 100 100 100
MaxPowerRefVelPx kW/s Max power ref up vel. 100 100 100 100
MaxPowerRefDownVelPx kW/s Max power ref down vel. 100 100 100 100

The problem is that I dont get the value 100 as expected, but insted a value
999!

Any help?

Jim Cone[_2_]

Problem using vlookup to get values from another file

Your data layout came thru all muddled up.
However, in a VLookUp formula, if the last argument is True then the
data in Column 1 must be in ascending order.
Try 0 as the last argument and see what happens.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Stee n"
wrote in message
Hi
I try to use vlookup to get values from another worksheet, but do not get
the expected values.
-snip-