-   -   formula results in the status bar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/188977-formula-results-status-bar.html)

Matt S

formula results in the status bar

I have a worksheet (not mine) which has filters. When I filter I see the
result ( number of filtered rows) e.g., 11 of 336 rows - in the status bar.

How do I get this feature in a spreadsheet I build from scratch?

Max

formula results in the status bar

The status bar numbers are the counts of rows which satisfy the filtered
criteria

Example 1 - single criteria counts
In C1: =COUNTIF(A:A,"Pete")
will return the same number if you had filtered col A for "Pete"

Example 2 - dual criteria counts
In C1: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A10="Pete")*(B2:B1010))
will return the same number if you had filtered col A for "Pete" AND col B
for values greater than 10
--
Max
Singapore
"Matt S" wrote:
I have a worksheet (not mine) which has filters. When I filter I see the
result ( number of filtered rows) e.g., 11 of 336 rows - in the status bar.
How do I get this feature in a spreadsheet I build from scratch?

FSt1

formula results in the status bar

hi
per microsoft, it's buit in. are you having problems somehow?
look here?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213886

regards
FSt1

"Matt S" wrote:

I have a worksheet (not mine) which has filters. When I filter I see the
result ( number of filtered rows) e.g., 11 of 336 rows - in the status bar.

How do I get this feature in a spreadsheet I build from scratch?

Matt S

formula results in the status bar

It's easy when you know how. Thanks for the help!