-   -   Help excluding some info from counta formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/188967-help-excluding-some-info-counta-formula.html)

Snow

Help excluding some info from counta formula

I have a column that includes a check mark symbol or N/A. I'd like the
checkmarks to in each section to add
together and populate another worksheet with the number of checkmarks
in each column.

How can I adjust the counta formula or use another formula to only
consider the checkmarks, not anything with n/a...is this possible?

MyVeryOwnSelf

Help excluding some info from counta formula

I have a column that includes a check mark symbol or N/A. I'd like the
checkmarks to in each section to add
together and populate another worksheet with the number of checkmarks
in each column.

How can I adjust the counta formula or use another formula to only
consider the checkmarks, not anything with n/a...is this possible?

One possible way to get started:
=COUNTA(A:A)-COUNTIF(A:A,"N/A")

Snow

Help excluding some info from counta formula

I'm not sure how to use that formula...right now in a column that will
be hidden I have each cell marked =COUNTA(E1), =COUNTA(E2) etc. and
then at the end of each section there will be a sum of any cell that
has a 1 in it. this total would then prefill in another worksheet.

I've tried to play with your formula and can't make it work - what am
I doing wrong? I've changed it to =COUNTA(E1)-COUNTIF(E1,"N/A")

Snow

Help excluding some info from counta formula

Anyone???

Snow

Help excluding some info from counta formula

On May 28, 9:28šam, Snow wrote:
Anyone???

I'm an idiot - didn't realize I could insert the symbol in to the
formula.
Looks like this now in case I ever look for this post again!

=COUNTIF(E5:E10,"–")