-   -   SUMIF help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/188937-sumif-help.html)

mikeUTK

SUMIF help

I am attempting to create a time card system based on information entered
onto an invoice. I have it set up so that a rate in column b is based on
which attorney is designated in column a. I placed the hours in column c and
the total charged in column d. Is there a way to sum the totals from column
d based on what is in column a? Ideally I would have ac and ao on one page,
po and pc on another page, and s on a seperate page.

a b c d
ao 185 1 185
po 135 2 270
ac 220 1.5 330
pc 190 1 190
s 50 4 200

--
Mike

Jim May

SUMIF help

For you a(x) records - you could enter in cell J1
=SUMIF($A$1:$A$5,"a*",$D$1:$D$5)

That sould get you started..

"mikeUTK" wrote:

I am attempting to create a time card system based on information entered
onto an invoice. I have it set up so that a rate in column b is based on
which attorney is designated in column a. I placed the hours in column c and
the total charged in column d. Is there a way to sum the totals from column
d based on what is in column a? Ideally I would have ac and ao on one page,
po and pc on another page, and s on a seperate page.

a b c d
ao 185 1 185
po 135 2 270
ac 220 1.5 330
pc 190 1 190
s 50 4 200

--
Mike

edvwvw via OfficeKB.com

SUMIF help

This is a start point for you:

=SUMIF(A1:A5,"ao",D1:D5)

this will look for all instances of ao in column A and sum the values in
corresponding values in column D.

edvwvw