-   -   How do I sort by ranges? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/188683-how-do-i-sort-ranges.html)

Clevernewt

How do I sort by ranges?

I have s spreadsheet where the data are in ranges,
with some cells empty,
and I need to sort the data by a velue in one of the columns,
but to keep the ranges as they are.
What should I do?

Dave Peterson

How do I sort by ranges?

Maybe you can put a key value (in another column) in each set of rows that
should be sorted together. Then you could sort by that key value.

You may need a second column so that the rows should be sorted together stay in
the correct order.

KeyA 1
KeyA 2
KeyA 3