-   -   How do I undo a sort? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/188643-how-do-i-undo-sort.html)

Teresa

How do I undo a sort?

Hi,

I sorted a column A to Z in a very large spreadsheet and saved the file, but
I wish to cancel the sort. Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks,
Teresa

Bob I

How do I undo a sort?

Not after you saved it, time to pull out the backup files and reload it.

Teresa wrote:

Hi,

I sorted a column A to Z in a very large spreadsheet and saved the file, but
I wish to cancel the sort. Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks,
Teresa

Bernie Deitrick

How do I undo a sort?

Teresa,

Once you have saved it, you cannot use undo, since that clears the undo stack. But you can simply
re-sort it on other columns - there is no loss of data, and whatever functionality you have should
survive the sort.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Teresa" wrote in message

I sorted a column A to Z in a very large spreadsheet and saved the file, but
I wish to cancel the sort. Is there any way I can do this?

Thanks,
Teresa

Bob I

How do I undo a sort?

I read the issue as a SINGLE column was selected and sorted, basically
destroying the spreadsheet.