-   -   Formatting and allow users to edit ranges (excel 2003) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/188642-formatting-allow-users-edit-ranges-excel-2003-a.html)

mich879

Formatting and allow users to edit ranges (excel 2003)

Hi,

For an application, I want a group to be able to modify text and the
formatting of certain columns, while I want another group of users to be able
to change the formatting and text of the other columns.

For editing the content of the cells this works perfectly using
tools/protection/allow users to edit ranges.

However, this does not seem to affect their ability to change the formatting
of the cells. I can only allow all users or none to change the formatting of
all cells by selecting "format cells" checkmark when choosing
tools/protection/protect sheet.

Is there any way to do this?