-   -   formula or filters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/188492-formula-filters.html)

Hector

formula or filters

Hello there, I have a table looking like this:

Branch Date Sales ...
Covent 28 5555 ....
Leeds 28 354 ......

Covent 29 458 ....
Leeds 29 165 ...

I need to set up a filter or formula that based on the value in Branch,
would give me the remaining values in that row, but following the daet
sequence.

To look like:

Branch Date Sales ...
Covent 28 5555 ...
Covent 29 458 ...

Any advice?

Please

Hector

formula or filters

I know that I can set up a simple filter on the source table, but I want this
to update on a separate worksheet where I have additional calculations.

Sorry, didn't explain it properly on the original message.

"Hector" wrote:

Hello there, I have a table looking like this:

Branch Date Sales ...
Covent 28 5555 ....
Leeds 28 354 ......

Covent 29 458 ....
Leeds 29 165 ...

I need to set up a filter or formula that based on the value in Branch,
would give me the remaining values in that row, but following the daet
sequence.

To look like:

Branch Date Sales ...
Covent 28 5555 ...
Covent 29 458 ...

Any advice?

Please

Bernard Liengme

formula or filters

Select the data and use Data | Filter AutoFilter
best wsihes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Hector" wrote in message
Hello there, I have a table looking like this:

Branch Date Sales ...
Covent 28 5555 ....
Leeds 28 354 ......

Covent 29 458 ....
Leeds 29 165 ...

I need to set up a filter or formula that based on the value in Branch,
would give me the remaining values in that row, but following the daet
sequence.

To look like:

Branch Date Sales ...
Covent 28 5555 ...
Covent 29 458 ...

Any advice?

Please

Hector

formula or filters

Thanks, but sorry, I didn't explain the thing fully...

I want to have the table with all the data, but for the desired rows to be
extracted to an additional sheet that would have calculations and a drop down
list with all the Branch names.

I am stuck in trying to set up a double condition, first on the Branch name,
to then extract based on Date and update all the values and calculations on
the other sheet...

Hope that makes sense and I wonder if there'd be a way you'd suggest?