-   -   Recover Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/188304-recover-macro.html)

Laura

Recover Macro

We had to reimage a user's computer, and now she is missing an Excel macro
that she had before. Is there a file that we can pull from her backup to
recover that macro?

FSt1

Recover Macro

hi
if she has a good backup(the more recent the better) then the macro should
be in a module in the vb editor. open the backup copy and hit alt+F11. in the
project window(far left) expand the project(file) and double click any
modules there until you find the right one. you can copy and paste or you can
right click the module and download it (export file) to disk as a .bas file
which can then be uploaded (import file) to her new re-imaged pc.

regards
FSt1

"Laura" wrote:

We had to reimage a user's computer, and now she is missing an Excel macro
that she had before. Is there a file that we can pull from her backup to
recover that macro?

Bob I

Recover Macro

personal.xls contains macros