-   -   SUMIF funkcion example (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/188301-sumif-funkcion-example.html)

vava

SUMIF funkcion example

I have to use SUM IF Funkcion, and I am not sure how. What to put in Range,
Criteria and Sum_range?

Mike H

SUMIF funkcion example

Excel help is quite good for this function

Range = The range to evaluate
Criteria = What to evaluate that range for
Sum Range = The range to sum if the criteria evaluates as true

So for numbers in a range try
=SUMIF(A1:A6,"="&22,B1:B6)
or text try
=SUMIF(A1:A6,"=a",B1:B6)

Mike

"vava" wrote:

I have to use SUM IF Funkcion, and I am not sure how. What to put in Range,
Criteria and Sum_range?

Sherry Cekala

SUMIF funkcion example

Range = the values you want to compare TO
Criteria = What you're looking for in that range
Sum Range = The range to sum if for the rows that meet the criteria

To clarify a bit, assume that you have the following data:

Cells A1:A10 - lists vendors from which you've purchased equipment (AT&T,
IBM, and Sun)
Cells B1:B10 - lists the cost of the items purchased.

Assume that there are a couple of entries for each vendor, and you want
totals for all three.

the formula to sum the AT&T values would be
=sumif($A$1:$A$10,"AT&T",$B$1:$B$10)

For the other 2 vendors, you'd simply replace "AT&T" with "IBM" or "Sun".
The quotes around the names are necessary because these items are text values
(in this example). You could also use a cell reference if the value exists
in a cell elsewhere.