-   -   Custom Format ... (#,##0.0_"lbs"@ (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/188263-custom-format-0-0_-lbs-%40.html)

sid[_2_]

Custom Format ... (#,##0.0_"lbs"@

I am trying to append "lbs" to the value in the cell, but this does
not seem to work.

Any help is appreciated.

dksaluki

Custom Format ... (#,##0.0_"lbs"@

Using the "&" symbol in the cell will add on to the value.
For instance: let's say cell A1 is 2, and B1 is 4. In cell C1 you
could say =sum(A1:B1)&" lbs" and it would show "6 lbs" in cell C1.
Notice the space right after the 1st quote mark, that's so it will
show a space in cell C1.

hope this helps
dk

sid[_2_]

Custom Format ... (#,##0.0_"lbs"@

On May 20, 8:24*pm, dksaluki wrote:
Using the "&" symbol in the cell will add on to the value.
For instance: let's say cell A1 is 2, and B1 is 4. *In cell C1 you
could say =sum(A1:B1)&" lbs" *and it would show "6 lbs" in cell C1.
Notice the space right after the 1st quote mark, that's so it will
show a space in cell C1.

hope this helps
dk

Thanks for the reply, but the values are direct entries. I was trying
to create a custom format assigned to the cell or column so that any
value entered has 'lbs' appended.

dksaluki

Custom Format ... (#,##0.0_"lbs"@

....and actually, you should be able to set the format like you had
specifically asked (!) in the format cells options. This was the
number format I used: #,##0.00" lbs" and it showed 375.75 lbs in
the cell for example. so again, notice the space.

sid[_2_]

Custom Format ... (#,##0.0_"lbs"@

On May 20, 8:34*pm, dksaluki wrote:
...and actually, you should be able to set the format like you had
specifically asked (!) in the format cells options. *This was the
number format I used: #,##0.00" lbs" * *and it showed 375.75 lbs * in
the cell for example. *so again, notice the space.

Thanks for the help. If you read the help it does not seem that
simple.