-   -   todays date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/188201-todays-date.html)

Kevin

todays date

In A4 through A127 is the date May 15th through to September 15th. In K4
through K127 I would like to have a figure of 329.23 plus that dates figure
from J . What I am using right now is =SUM(J4+329.23 It works, but K shows a
figure for every day. I dont want it to show until the day I enter it. So
shown here, I would like column K to show 329.23 on May 15th through May 19th
and nothing (or zero) on May 20th through to the 23rd

A B C D G J K

15-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
16-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
17-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
18-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
19-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
20-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
21-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
22-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
23-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23

Bernie Deitrick

todays date

Kevin,

In K4, use

=IF(J4<"", J4+329.23,"")

and copy down.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Kevin" wrote in message
In A4 through A127 is the date May 15th through to September 15th. In K4
through K127 I would like to have a figure of 329.23 plus that dates figure
from J . What I am using right now is =SUM(J4+329.23 It works, but K shows a
figure for every day. I don't want it to show until the day I enter it. So
shown here, I would like column K to show 329.23 on May 15th through May 19th
and nothing (or zero) on May 20th through to the 23rd

A B C D G J K

15-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
16-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
17-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
18-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
19-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
20-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
21-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
22-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
23-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23

mikebres

todays date

You might try
=IF($J4=0,"",$J4 + 329.23)

Mike

"Kevin" wrote:

In A4 through A127 is the date May 15th through to September 15th. In K4
through K127 I would like to have a figure of 329.23 plus that dates figure
from J . What I am using right now is =SUM(J4+329.23 It works, but K shows a
figure for every day. I dont want it to show until the day I enter it. So
shown here, I would like column K to show 329.23 on May 15th through May 19th
and nothing (or zero) on May 20th through to the 23rd

A B C D G J K

15-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
16-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
17-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
18-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
19-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
20-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
21-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
22-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
23-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23

Kevin

todays date

Neither works,
Bernie your solution still has 329.23 in column K all the way to the bottom
of the column. I dont want a value in column K until todays date.

Mike yours just makes everything in K disappear.

"mikebres" wrote:

You might try
=IF($J4=0,"",$J4 + 329.23)

Mike

"Kevin" wrote:

In A4 through A127 is the date May 15th through to September 15th. In K4
through K127 I would like to have a figure of 329.23 plus that dates figure
from J . What I am using right now is =SUM(J4+329.23 It works, but K shows a
figure for every day. I dont want it to show until the day I enter it. So
shown here, I would like column K to show 329.23 on May 15th through May 19th
and nothing (or zero) on May 20th through to the 23rd

A B C D G J K

15-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
16-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
17-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
18-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
19-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
20-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
21-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
22-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23
23-May08 N 0.0 8.0 0 0 $329.23

Bernie Deitrick

todays date

Maybe:

=IF(A4<TODAY(),J4+329.23,"")

Bernie

"Kevin" wrote in message

Neither works,
Bernie your solution still has 329.23 in column K all the way to the
bottom
of the column. I don't want a value in column K until today's date.

Mike yours just makes everything in K disappear.

"mikebres" wrote:

You might try
=IF($J4=0,"",$J4 + 329.23)

Mike

"Kevin" wrote:

[...]

Thanks Bernie

I would like todays date to show up also, I am using this formula

=IF(A6<TODAY(),J6+329.23,"")

It is working, but today does not show up until tomorrow.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Maybe:

=IF(A4<TODAY(),J4+329.23,"")

Bernie

"Kevin" wrote in message

Neither works,
Bernie your solution still has 329.23 in column K all the way to the
bottom
of the column. I don't want a value in column K until today's date.

Mike yours just makes everything in K disappear.

"mikebres" wrote:

You might try
=IF($J4=0,"",$J4 + 329.23)

Mike

"Kevin" wrote:

[...]

=IF(A6<=TODAY(),J6+329.23,"")

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Kevin" wrote in message
Thanks Bernie

I would like today's date to show up also, I am using this formula

=IF(A6<TODAY(),J6+329.23,"")

It is working, but today does not show up until tomorrow.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Maybe:

=IF(A4<TODAY(),J4+329.23,"")

Bernie

"Kevin" wrote in message

Neither works,
Bernie your solution still has 329.23 in column K all the way to the
bottom
of the column. I don't want a value in column K until today's date.

Mike yours just makes everything in K disappear.

"mikebres" wrote:

You might try
=IF($J4=0,"",$J4 + 329.23)

Mike