Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Keyboard Shortcuts for Paste Special Values and Formats

Hello,

Are there keyboard shortcuts for the commands below? I use these commands
frequently so I'd like to find a way to be more efficient.

Need short-cuts for:
Paste Special -- Values
Paste Special -- Formats

Thanks,
Scott
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Keyboard Shortcuts for Paste Special Values and Formats

Hi Scott,

Yes, there are keyboard shortcuts for both Paste Special Values and Formats in Microsoft Excel. Here are the steps to use them:
  1. For Paste Special Values:
    • Select the cell or range of cells that you want to paste.
    • Press Ctrl + C to copy the cells.
    • Select the cell where you want to paste the values.
    • Press Alt + E + S + V and then press Enter.
  2. For Paste Special Formats:
    • Select the cell or range of cells that you want to copy the format from.
    • Press Ctrl + C to copy the cells.
    • Select the cell or range of cells where you want to apply the format.
    • Press Alt + E + S + T and then press Enter.

These keyboard shortcuts work in all versions of Microsoft Excel. They are a great way to save time and be more efficient when working with large amounts of data.

Formula:
//No macro or Visual Basic code found in the text
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
there is no specific keyboard short cut for these but you can bring up the
paste special dialog box with alt+e+s
this is basicly using the menus with out the mouse.
alt give the menu bar focus. you can then use the arrow keys to "walk"
throught the menus. you can also use the first letter of each menu to
activate that menu then the first letter of each item on the menu to activate
the item.
alt+e+p activates paste
alt+e+s activate paste special dialog box. once the paste special dialog box
is activated, you can use the arrow key to "walk" through the options.

regards
FSt1

"Scott" wrote:

Hello,

Are there keyboard shortcuts for the commands below? I use these commands
frequently so I'd like to find a way to be more efficient.

Need short-cuts for:
Paste Special -- Values
Paste Special -- Formats

Thanks,
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could always Ctrl+C to copy and create a record a macro for
EditPasteSpecialValues and assign it to Ctrl+Z key for example. Or cut and
past the following code

Sub pastespecialvalues()
'
' pastespecialvalues Macro