-   -   coverting numbers format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/188177-coverting-numbers-format.html)

jopat205

coverting numbers format

information was imported into a program. The numbers need to be converted to
currency. I am forgetting the route to take on this. trying the usual format
command obviously doesnot work.
Example 15208825 should be 152088.25

Mike H

coverting numbers format

Hi,

=A1/100

Mike

"jopat205" wrote:

information was imported into a program. The numbers need to be converted to
currency. I am forgetting the route to take on this. trying the usual format
command obviously doesnot work.
Example 15208825 should be 152088.25

Gord Dibben

coverting numbers format

Enter 100 in an empty cell.

Select the range of numbers and in place EditPaste SpecialDivideOKEsc.

Format to Currency

Delete the 100 from the cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP