-   -   copy conditional formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/188169-copy-conditional-formatting.html)

Pammy

copy conditional formatting

I have a spreadsheet and in col z if I add a date, I want the entire line to
change font color to blue, if nothing in cell remain black, the conditional
formatting is:
if formula = z##### font color to blue.
My question when I right mouse click on the handle in cell a##### and drag
down and choose formatt only - the font changes to blue for all the rows,
even when cell z#### is blank and should be black until something is typed in
that cell.

Can you copy the conditional formatting or do you have to set it up in each
cell?

Bernie Deitrick

copy conditional formatting

Make sure that your formula use absolute column and relative row for the cell reference, like

and not

--
HTH,
Bernie