-   -   How do I stop Excel from changing simple numbers to their 1/100th. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1870-how-do-i-stop-excel-changing-simple-numbers-their-1-100th.html)

Chris C

How do I stop Excel from changing simple numbers to their 1/100th.

I'm working with the latest service pack of Excel 2000.
Every number I enter into any blank cell becomes that number's 100th decimal
value. For example, typing "2" in a cell results in "0.02" when I leave the
cell.
This did not used to happen, but I don't know what I did to make it happen,
nor what to do to stop it from happening.
CC

Frank Kabel

hi
goto 'Tools - Options - Edit' and uncheck 'Fixed decimals'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel