-   -   How to enable items on Excel draw menu bar. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/186842-how-enable-items-excel-draw-menu-bar.html)

jd

How to enable items on Excel draw menu bar.

On an excel spreadsheet the buttons on the draw menu bar became disabled and
I need to enable them. I have checked permissions and can't find what is
causing this.

Gord Dibben

How to enable items on Excel draw menu bar.

Sounds like the sheet is protected under ToolsProtection.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:52:00 -0700, JD wrote:

On an excel spreadsheet the buttons on the draw menu bar became disabled and
I need to enable them. I have checked permissions and can't find what is
causing this.

jd

How to enable items on Excel draw menu bar.

Thanks for the info. I found out by trial and error that I had to go to
Tools/Options/View tab then select the Objects/Show all radio button. After
doing this, I was then able to insert and use text boxes and the other items
on the menu bar.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sounds like the sheet is protected under ToolsProtection.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 9 May 2008 06:52:00 -0700, JD wrote:

On an excel spreadsheet the buttons on the draw menu bar became disabled and
I need to enable them. I have checked permissions and can't find what is
causing this.

Gord Dibben

How to enable items on Excel draw menu bar.

Thanks for letting us know the solution.

I missed that one.

Gord