-   -   Tabbing thru User-Edit Cells in Protected Sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/186832-tabbing-thru-user-edit-cells-protected-sheet.html)

ConfusedNHouston

Tabbing thru User-Edit Cells in Protected Sheet

In a protected spreadsheet I have allowed user-edit for a range A10:B20.
However when the user tries to tab from A10 to B10; the tab does not take
them to column B. How can I configure the user-edit cells so that the user
can tab from column A to column B?

Thanks

Mic

Tabbing thru User-Edit Cells in Protected Sheet

Hey,
I am having the exact same problem.
If you let a user change a specified range, they should be able to do
everything they normally could within that range.

"ConfusedNHouston" wrote:

In a protected spreadsheet I have allowed user-edit for a range A10:B20.
However when the user tries to tab from A10 to B10; the tab does not take
them to column B. How can I configure the user-edit cells so that the user
can tab from column A to column B?

Thanks

Mic

Tabbing thru User-Edit Cells in Protected Sheet

Hey,
I was just messing around and I figured this out.
Do this before you protect it.
Take your range of A10-B10 and format the cells, choose the last tab
"Protection" and take the checkmark off of "Locked".
Then apply your protection.