-   -   Date formatting in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/186658-date-formatting-excel.html)

Ricky4

Date formatting in Excel

In Excel, how do I get my date to read like this: June 2008. I do not seem
to have this format available in the date formatting window for Excel. Can I
create a new date format?

BoniM

Date formatting in Excel

choose custom under Number category and enter:
mmmm yyyy
it will display any date with full month name and year, no day.
This does not changed what is stored in the cell, it will still be the
actual date when used in sorts or formulas....

"Ricky4" wrote:

In Excel, how do I get my date to read like this: June 2008. I do not seem
to have this format available in the date formatting window for Excel. Can I
create a new date format?

Bob Phillips

Date formatting in Excel

Create a custom format of mmmm yyyy