-   -   Password Protect independent excel tabs (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/186227-password-protect-independent-excel-tabs.html)

Brian K

Password Protect independent excel tabs

Can I independently p/w protect varied tabs of an excel 2003 workbook so that
varied users can only view tabs they are specifically granted access to (via
p/w)? EG, tabs 1 - 9 are for data entry by 9 parties and tab 10 is a merged
report based upon the date of tab 1 - 9. Each user needs read / write for
their own tab, but NOT for others.

Thoughts?

Gord Dibben

Password Protect independent excel tabs

You can do this but remember that Excel's internal security is very weak and
passwords easily broken.

Have a look ar this google search result for a few pointers with a couple of
attack methods and some code.

http://tinyurl.com/ysj6dw

Jerry has the sheet_activate method and I use the workbook_open and close to
hide sheets.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP