-   -   Microsoft Excel tries to load front page on opening (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/18606-microsoft-excel-tries-load-front-page-opening.html)

Excel and Front Page

Microsoft Excel tries to load front page on opening

When I open Microsoft Excel it attempts to install Microsoft Front Page
before it loads Excel. Since I no longer have the Front Page CD I have to
click cancel five or six times to open excel. I also can no longer open excel
documents from explorer.

How do I shut off the auto load of front page?

Thanks
Jay

Gord Dibben

Jay

Which version of Office and Front Page?

Was it Office XP with Front Page?

Office XP or 2003 with FP not included and you had a FP disk?

My setup is for 2002(XP) Professional and 2003 Professional.

Office XP Professional had FP packaged with it and FP can be made made "Not
available" by option.

FP for 2003 is a standalone that was not packaged with Office 2003
Professional and can be uninstalled separately from Office.

You could try Control PanelAdd/Remove and "Change" to see if you can make FP
"Not available" if your Office is XP with FP.

To uninstall FP 2003 you will need the CD.

Post back with your setup. May be a way to stop the annoyance if the above
doesn't help.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP