-   -   I need to save "xlsx" file as excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/186048-i-need-save-xlsx-file-excel.html)

AGH

I need to save "xlsx" file as excel

How do save "xlsx" in excel? The one I downloaded opened in html
Alda

Fred Smith[_4_]

I need to save "xlsx" file as excel

xlsx is a format supported by Excel 2007. Do you have that? If so, click on
the Save button. If not, buy it.

Regards,
Fred.

"AGH" wrote in message

How do save "xlsx" in excel? The one I downloaded opened in html
Alda

Don Guillett

I need to save "xlsx" file as excel

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...xcel+converter
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"AGH" wrote in message

How do save "xlsx" in excel? The one I downloaded opened in html
Alda

Bruce Sinclair

In article , "Fred Smith" wrote:
xlsx is a format supported by Excel 2007. Do you have that? If so, click on
the Save button. If not, buy it.

Bad advice IMO :)
Better options are :
1) If someone sent you a file you can't read, ask them (politely) for one
you can. If they won't, don't deal with them. :)
2) If they can't (or you did actually download it and there's no contact
for the web site to ask them for one you can read), get the MS compatability
pack and try that
3) not sure if open office can read these files yet ... but it will soon.
Not an immediate solution I agree. :)

Basically, other people's choices shouldn't cause you problems. :)