-   -   How to count it? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/186044-how-count.html)

Eric

How to count it?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to count it?
There is a list of name under column A, such as John, Mary, Ann ...
I would like to count the number of name under column A, the condition is to
count one as long as the cell is not equal to "".
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Dave

How to count it?

Hi Eric
Try this in Cell B1:
=COUNTIF(A:A,"?*")
Regards - Dave

"Eric" wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to count it?
There is a list of name under column A, such as John, Mary, Ann ...
I would like to count the number of name under column A, the condition is to
count one as long as the cell is not equal to "".
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Earl Kiosterud