-   -   Protecting an Excel spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/185810-protecting-excel-spreadsheet.html)

[email protected]

Protecting an Excel spreadsheet

I have an Excel spreadsheet where I would like to allow users to input
data into any cell, however, I want to password protect the entire
spreadsheet so they cannot delete the data once it is inputted into
the cell without being prompted for a password.

Any Suggestions, Thanks- A

Jim Thomlinson

Protecting an Excel spreadsheet

What you are asking for will require macros. Protection does not work the way
you have indicated... Are you open to using macros???
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson