-   -   Does file need to be open for INDIRECT to another workbook to work (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1858-does-file-need-open-indirect-another-workbook-work.html)

briancrosier

Does file need to be open for INDIRECT to another workbook to work

That's the question. I am using indirect references to lookup from another
workbook. It seems as though the files must be open. Is there any way
around this without using script.

Frank Kabel

Hi
yes it has to be open. For workarounds see:
http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...oks/trackback/

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

briancrosier wrote:
That's the question. I am using indirect references to lookup from
another workbook. It seems as though the files must be open. Is
there any way around this without using script.

briancrosier

Thank you. That was an excellent referral.