-   -   Importing text file and changing default to delimited (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/185748-importing-text-file-changing-default-delimited.html)

[email protected]

Importing text file and changing default to delimited

I have a file that begins with
;--
The "--" seems to cause excel to think this is a fixed-width file.
When I open it with the text import wizard it defaults to fixed-width
when it should be delimited. It there any way I can change this so I
don't have to go into the import wizard every time I want to open this
type of file and change it to delimited? How does excel decide
whether it is delimited or fixed width?

Thanks,
Julia