-   -   Combo Box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/185709-combo-box.html)

Neil Pearce

Combo Box

All,

In design mode I have created a combo box. I have inputted the
'ListFillRange' & 'LinkedCell'.

However when I select an input from the croll bar the link cell doesn't
place a ref nr but the text of the selected input instead! Any ideas how to
change this?

Cheers,

Neil

T. Valko

Combo Box

A combo box from the Forms toolbar will return the index number to the
linked cell.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Neil Pearce" wrote in message
All,

In design mode I have created a combo box. I have inputted the
'ListFillRange' & 'LinkedCell'.

However when I select an input from the croll bar the link cell doesn't
place a ref nr but the text of the selected input instead! Any ideas how
change this?

Cheers,

Neil

Neil Pearce

Combo Box

Thank-you. I realise this but unfortunately have to create my own so that I
can increase the font size in the box: the forms box's font is too small.

Any ideas how to change the link box from text to a reference umber as
expected?

Cheers,

Neil

"T. Valko" wrote:

A combo box from the Forms toolbar will return the index number to the
linked cell.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Neil Pearce" wrote in message
All,

In design mode I have created a combo box. I have inputted the
'ListFillRange' & 'LinkedCell'.

However when I select an input from the croll bar the link cell doesn't
place a ref nr but the text of the selected input instead! Any ideas how
change this?

Cheers,

Neil

T. Valko

Combo Box

I'm not sure how you'd do it programmatically (VBA) but you could use
another cell with a simple MATCH formula.

A1 = linked cell
B1:B10 = combo box source (ListFillRange)

=MATCH(A1,B1:B10,0)

--

"T. Valko" wrote:

A combo box from the Forms toolbar will return the index number to the
linked cell.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Neil Pearce" wrote in message
All,

In design mode I have created a combo box. I have inputted the
'ListFillRange' & 'LinkedCell'.

However when I select an input from the croll bar the link cell doesn't
place a ref nr but the text of the selected input instead! Any ideas
how
change this?

Cheers,

Neil

Neil Pearce

Combo Box

That worked brilliantly. Thank-you very much indeed. Any chance you could
have a llok at my earlier question regarding "lock cells"?

Your in great appreciation,

Neil

"T. Valko" wrote:

A combo box from the Forms toolbar will return the index number to the
linked cell.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Neil Pearce" wrote in message
All,

In design mode I have created a combo box. I have inputted the
'ListFillRange' & 'LinkedCell'.

However when I select an input from the croll bar the link cell doesn't
place a ref nr but the text of the selected input instead! Any ideas
how
change this?

Cheers,

Neil

T. Valko

Combo Box

Any chance you could have a llok at my
earlier question regarding "lock cells"?

I see you have replies at that post. You're in good hands with Gord!