-   -   Clicking an Exel file in my documents opens a blank worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/185685-clicking-exel-file-my-documents-opens-blank-worksheet.html)

Gownaman

Clicking an Exel file in my documents opens a blank worksheet

When I click on an Exel File in My Documents, Exel opens in blank format,( ie
not a new worksheet), instead of opening the worksheet.

Gord Dibben

Clicking an Exel file in my documents opens a blank worksheet

Try the usual fix for this.

ToolsOptionsGeneral Uncheck "Ignore Other Applications"

If no joy with that................

Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar

1) StartRun "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)OK.
2) StartRun "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.

In that case StartRun "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes required)OK.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP