-   -   PIVOT TABLE - GROUPING DATES (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/185619-pivot-table-grouping-dates.html)

FARAZ QURESHI

PIVOT TABLE - GROUPING DATES

I have a sheet of records nearly all filled.

When I try to add the dates' field in the PIVOT TABLE it is informed that
PIVOT TABLE won't fit in a new sheet although I require to add the same for
gouping of records year-wise.

Kindly help out!

--

Thanx & Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI

Jon Peltier

PIVOT TABLE - GROUPING DATES

It may only be an intermediate configuration that doesn't fit. Sometimes you
have to put a field into the rows area, do your grouping, then move it back
to the columns area.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP