-   -   number of character occurences in a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/18555-number-character-occurences-cell.html)

Ron

number of character occurences in a cell

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there is an excel built in function
that will count the number of occurences of a character in
a cell? For example, if cell D5 is "11,2,35,4" and I want
to count the number of commas in the cell, the result
should be 3.

thanks
Ron

Domenic