-   -   Mouse selecting unwanted data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/185484-mouse-selecting-unwanted-data.html)

Joan

Mouse selecting unwanted data

I have a worksheet where the mouse seemingly is selecting horizontal blocks
of data- the cell I click in to the last row of the entire sheet, not data

Happens in only 2 worksheets (different workbooks) in both 2003 and 2007
versions of the file, but just noticed it after beginning to use 2007 2
months ago. Went back and tried it in 2003 "just to see" Does not happen in
any other worksheet or in any blank worksheet.

Mouse is not misbehaving in any other app, nor is there any other mouse
issues, like drifting.

What could be the problem? Something in the worksheets - is so, ideas?
Still the mouse?

This is troublesome as the worksheets are large and I need to move around
and use "Find" to locate cells with particular text. I'm frustrated to keep
getting no hits only to realize the mouse has limited my search by
"selecting" for me!

Thanks

Joan

Mike H

[...]