-   -   Nine IF's in a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/185440-nine-ifs-formula.html)

Susan

Nine IF's in a formula

I was trying to write a formula with 9 if's in the formula but am not able to
can someone help me please:

Is there a formula which would be more concise that would just say round any
number up to the next decimal that would end in ._ 9. In other words we want
every scenario:

..00 - .09 = .09
..10 - .19 = .19
..20 - .29 = .29
and so on up to .90 - .99 = .99

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you!

Ian Grega

Nine IF's in a formula

=ROUNDUP(A2,1)-0.01

"SUSAN" wrote:

I was trying to write a formula with 9 if's in the formula but am not able to
can someone help me please:

Is there a formula which would be more concise that would just say round any
number up to the next decimal that would end in ._ 9. In other words we want
every scenario:

.00 - .09 = .09
.10 - .19 = .19
.20 - .29 = .29
and so on up to .90 - .99 = .99

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you!

Susan

Nine IF's in a formula

Thank you!

"Ian Grega" wrote:

=ROUNDUP(A2,1)-0.01

"SUSAN" wrote:

I was trying to write a formula with 9 if's in the formula but am not able to
can someone help me please:

Is there a formula which would be more concise that would just say round any
number up to the next decimal that would end in ._ 9. In other words we want
every scenario:

.00 - .09 = .09
.10 - .19 = .19
.20 - .29 = .29
and so on up to .90 - .99 = .99

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you!

T. Valko

Nine IF's in a formula

=ROUNDUP(A2,1)-0.01

Any value in full increments of 10 get rounded down:

0.10 = 0.09
0.20 = 0.19
0.30 = 0.29

Try this: