-   -   Data button on standard menu bar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/185361-data-button-standard-menu-bar.html)

busylady

Data button on standard menu bar

The data category button does not appear on my standard menu bar. Can anyone
tell me how to get it back? I am using Excel 2003 with Office Professional
2003.

Dave Peterson

Data button on standard menu bar

Tools|Customize|Toolbars tab
Select the standard toolbar
click the reset button

This will remove any customized changes you've made, though.

--

Dave Peterson

FSt1

Data button on standard menu bar

hi
odd that it would just disappear. i don't know if this will work but try it.
right click any menu/toolbar. from the popup, click customize.
on the customize box, click the commands tab.
in the catagory window(left side),scroll down to "built in menus".
the the command window(right side), scroll down to "data"
left click and hold and drag the data icon to the menu bar between format
and tools.
close the customize box. save the file.

Post back if you have problems
Regards
FSt1
"busylady" wrote:

The data category button does not appear on my standard menu bar. Can anyone
tell me how to get it back? I am using Excel 2003 with Office Professional
2003.

busylady

Data button on standard menu bar

This worked! I use it all the time, so thanks for your help.