-   -   Auto populate w/click of a 'button' (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/185357-auto-populate-w-click-button.html)

Shanen

Auto populate w/click of a 'button'

Help. I have worksheet "A" and once the user has populated columns A4 - F4
I'd like to have a button that says "Complete" and once they hit that button
all the data from the above fields automatically populates worksheet "B"'s
same field numbers on the second worksheet.- same numbering schema - in other
words the next person may have A5 - F5. How do I do this? is it even
possible?
Help
--
Shanen

Per Jessen

Auto populate w/click of a 'button'

Hi Shanen

In worksheet A insert a Command Button from the Control Toolbox menu, then
right click on the button and select Wiew code.

Paste this code in the codesheet that appears:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim TargetCell As String
TargetCell = Range("A3").End(xlDown).Address
Range(TargetCell, Range(TargetCell).Offset(0, 5)).Copy _
Sheets("Sheet2").Range(TargetCell)
End Sub

Change "Sheet2" to the name of worksheet B i needed.
Close the VBA editor and hit Exit Design Mode button on the Control Toolbox
menu.

Now it's time to test it :-)

Regards,
Per

"Shanen" skrev i meddelelsen
Help. I have worksheet "A" and once the user has populated columns A4 -
F4
I'd like to have a button that says "Complete" and once they hit that
button
all the data from the above fields automatically populates worksheet "B"'s
same field numbers on the second worksheet.- same numbering schema - in
other
words the next person may have A5 - F5. How do I do this? is it even
possible?
Help
--
Shanen

Shanen

Auto populate w/click of a 'button'

Thank You - it's working. One thing I forgot, how do I make this so that it
repeats this function for the rest of the lines. In other words you coded it
for line 4. I would like it to work for the rest of the lines thru 25 when
they are ready to be copied.

Should I make 25 'buttons' like this and each one corresponds to a
particular row?Thoughts?

Thanks again!!
--
Shanen

"Shanen" skrev i meddelelsen
Help. I have worksheet "A" and once the user has populated columns A4 -
F4
I'd like to have a button that says "Complete" and once they hit that
button
all the data from the above fields automatically populates worksheet "B"'s
same field numbers on the second worksheet.- same numbering schema - in
other
words the next person may have A5 - F5. How do I do this? is it even
possible?
Help
--
Shanen

Per Jessen

Auto populate w/click of a 'button'

Thank you, for your reply.

The previus code will work for an unlimited number of rows.
Code below will only copy 25 rows, starting at row 4.

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim TargetCell As String
TargetCell = Range("A3").End(xlDown).Address
If Range(TargetCell).Row <= 28 Then
Range(TargetCell, Range(TargetCell).Offset(0, 5)).Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Range(TargetCell)

Best regards,
Per

"Shanen" skrev i meddelelsen
Help. I have worksheet "A" and once the user has populated columns
A4 -
F4
I'd like to have a button that says "Complete" and once they hit that
button
all the data from the above fields automatically populates worksheet
"B"'s
same field numbers on the second worksheet.- same numbering schema - in
other
words the next person may have A5 - F5. How do I do this? is it even
possible?
Help
--
Shanen

Shanen

Auto populate w/click of a 'button'

Thanks again, I can get line 4 to work using both macros, any additionl lines
I add do not get copied upon clicking the button?
--
Shanen

"Shanen" skrev i meddelelsen
Help. I have worksheet "A" and once the user has populated columns
A4 -
F4
I'd like to have a button that says "Complete" and once they hit that
button
all the data from the above fields automatically populates worksheet
"B"'s
same field numbers on the second worksheet.- same numbering schema - in
other
words the next person may have A5 - F5. How do I do this? is it even
possible?
Help
--
Shanen

Per Jessen

Auto populate w/click of a 'button'

Hi again

Did you entered any date in cell A5 ? The macro will copy the downmost row
with data in column A.

Regards,
Per

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Thank you, for your reply.

The previus code will work for an unlimited number of rows.
Code below will only copy 25 rows, starting at row 4.

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
Dim TargetCell As String
TargetCell = Range("A3").End(xlDown).Address
If Range(TargetCell).Row <= 28 Then
Range(TargetCell, Range(TargetCell).Offset(0, 5)).Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Range(TargetCell)

Best regards,
Per

"Shanen" skrev i meddelelsen

Shanen

Auto populate w/click of a 'button'

Yes I did. I entered data in several lines and I purposly skipped some
lines...when I press the button, only the first two rows (4 and 5) are
updating to the second sheet.
--
Shanen