-   -   Vlookup Return Multiple Values (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/185124-vlookup-return-multiple-values.html)

Ripper

Vlookup Return Multiple Values

I have a table that lists any modifications to a test in 1 sheet by the
following criteria:
A B C
LocID Modification TestType

I am trying to make a list of all the students mods and need them returned
in Sheet 2 where I have a list of all my Students with their LocID. When I
use VLookup, which I love, I only get the first match on LocID. I need a
list of them all. Is there a way to accomplish this? It doesn't really
matter if they are in a list after the student or all combined into 1 cell.

--
Thanks As Always
Rip

AKphidelt

Vlookup Return Multiple Values

Yea, there really isn't any formulas that return multiple results across
multiple cells. The best thing to do is create a filter or a pivot table...
that would allow you to pick an item and show all results that relate to the
item chosen.

"Ripper" wrote:

I have a table that lists any modifications to a test in 1 sheet by the
following criteria:
A B C
LocID Modification TestType

I am trying to make a list of all the students mods and need them returned
in Sheet 2 where I have a list of all my Students with their LocID. When I
use VLookup, which I love, I only get the first match on LocID. I need a
list of them all. Is there a way to accomplish this? It doesn't really
matter if they are in a list after the student or all combined into 1 cell.

--
Thanks As Always
Rip

Dave Peterson

Vlookup Return Multiple Values

I'd use a user defined function.

How do you want to display those results? In one cell, but separated by
commas? In separate cells???

If you want a single cell:

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...28f1ba868980a8

or

http://snipurl.com/24yfb (first post in the thread)

If you wanted separate cells (horizontal or veritical), take a look he

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...467b485b0a4f4d

or

http://snipurl.com/24yf3

Ripper wrote:

I have a table that lists any modifications to a test in 1 sheet by the
following criteria:
A B C
LocID Modification TestType

I am trying to make a list of all the students mods and need them returned
in Sheet 2 where I have a list of all my Students with their LocID. When I
use VLookup, which I love, I only get the first match on LocID. I need a
list of them all. Is there a way to accomplish this? It doesn't really
matter if they are in a list after the student or all combined into 1 cell.

--
Thanks As Always
Rip

--

Dave Peterson

Pete_UK

Vlookup Return Multiple Values

Give some detail of how your data is laid out in Sheet1 and how you
would like the modifications to be shown in it.

Pete