-   -   Can Excel return the earliest date from a list? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/185101-can-excel-return-earliest-date-list.html)

joeb

Can Excel return the earliest date from a list?

I have a list of dates (Date in stock) for three different warehouses across
a row. Is there a formula that can determine the earliest date in stock and
return it at the end of the row?

Fred Smith[_4_]

Can Excel return the earliest date from a list?

Dates are simply numbers, so to get the earliest date, just use the Min
function.

Regards,
Fred.

"joeb" wrote in message
I have a list of dates (Date in stock) for three different warehouses
across
a row. Is there a formula that can determine the earliest date in stock
and
return it at the end of the row?

Gary''s Student

Can Excel return the earliest date from a list?

If you have a set of dates in row #1, the earliest date is the smallest date.
In cell IV1 enter:

=MIN(A1:IU1)
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200781