-   -   No. of characters in an Excel column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/185091-no-characters-excel-column.html)

suroora

No. of characters in an Excel column

I just exported data from an Access database into Excel. One of the fields is
descriptive text, roughly between 400-500 characters. However, when I export
it into Excel, the field is truncated because Excel's limit is 250
characters. Is there any way to change this? I tried copying and pasting one
of the entries into Excel, and that seems to work. Do I have to do this
individually for each one, or is there a way of telling Excel to expand the
cell to fit all the content? It's a large database, so I really don't want to
copy and paste the entries individually.

Help!
Suroor

Debra Dalgleish

No. of characters in an Excel column

Use Method 1 in the following MSKB article, and you should get all the
characters in the export:

ACC2000: Memo Field Truncated When Report Is Output to Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/208801

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures