-   -   Multiple search - formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/184936-multiple-search-formulas.html)

B_cooper123[_2_]

Multiple search - formulas

Hi - I wrote a similar query yesterday but I don't think I explained myself
very well.

What i'm doing is creating a Excel Spreadsheet, with 2 tabs - one which is a
datadump with a large amount of information E.g Name, Customer,Date,Location.
The other tab will be a front page search doc. What i'm looking to do is on
the first page, another user who is not too good with formulas and excel and
enter in a cell a value which will then show up in the cells below which will
have formulas.

What i want to do though is what i'm not sure is possible - If another user
accesses the database looking for Fred, and then it shows all the freds
below, but then only wants the freds living in Texas, then it will sort by
texas only, and then maybe another search to break it down by Freds aged
60......

So any help would be extremely appreciated - and if you could put it in
laymen terms, would really appreciate :D

Thanks
Ben

Gary''s Student

Multiple search - formulas

The ability to limit what you see in a database in Excel is usually done with
AutoFilter. See:

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter01.html

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200781