-   -   trying to make borders gray (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/184867-trying-make-borders-gray.html)

Joe

trying to make borders gray

I want to color my borders gray but I'm finding it tedious to actually
color them in using the pencil tool. Is there any way to make it the
default so I can just click the box to draw all borders? Every time I
pick the color gray when I click the box in the tool bar it comes out
black

MartinW

trying to make borders gray

Hi Joe,

Select the cells and go to FormatCellsBorder Tab.
You can change the color in the bottom right corner.
You need to delete the borders and then re-instate them
for the change to take effect.

HTH
Martin

"Joe" wrote in message

I want to color my borders gray but I'm finding it tedious to actually
color them in using the pencil tool. Is there any way to make it the
default so I can just click the box to draw all borders? Every time I
pick the color gray when I click the box in the tool bar it comes out
black

I tried that but every time I do it no matter what color I pick it
comes out black

veryeavy

trying to make borders gray

Hi,

I am effectively reiterating what Martin said ... because at my first
attempt I fell into the same trap that I suspect you are falling into ...

Remove the border (Select "None").

Then pick your shade of grey.

Then reinstate the border.

Cheers,