-   -   Calculating an age at a certain date (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/184805-calculating-age-certain-date.html)

HelpDeb

Calculating an age at a certain date

I have to determine the age of an employee on the day they start employment
and the day they end employment. I have their birthdate in Column A, date of
hire in Column B, date of termination in Column C. I have too many names to
do this by hand. What is the formula for calculating the Age on their Date
of Hire (Column D) and the Age on their Date of Termination (Column E). Any
help would be appreciated!

Pete_UK

Calculating an age at a certain date

Use the DATEDIF function, described here on Chip Pearson's site:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx

(it is not described in Excel Help, other than in XL 2000).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 23, 1:16*pm, HelpDeb wrote:
I have to determine the age of an employee on the day they start employment
and the day they end employment. *I have their birthdate in Column A, date of
hire in Column B, date of termination in Column C. *I have too many names to
do this by hand. *What is the formula for calculating the Age on their Date
of Hire (Column D) and the Age on their Date of Termination (Column E). *Any
help would be appreciated!

Mike H

Calculating an age at a certain date

Hi,

Put this In d1
=DATEDIF($A$1,B1,"y")
Drag to E1

Mike

"HelpDeb" wrote:

I have to determine the age of an employee on the day they start employment
and the day they end employment. I have their birthdate in Column A, date of
hire in Column B, date of termination in Column C. I have too many names to
do this by hand. What is the formula for calculating the Age on their Date
of Hire (Column D) and the Age on their Date of Termination (Column E). Any
help would be appreciated!

Mike H

Calculating an age at a certain date

That shouls
d have been

=DATEDIF($A1,B1,"y")

Now it can be dragged down

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Put this In d1
=DATEDIF($A$1,B1,"y")
Drag to E1

Mike

"HelpDeb" wrote:

I have to determine the age of an employee on the day they start employment
and the day they end employment. I have their birthdate in Column A, date of
hire in Column B, date of termination in Column C. I have too many names to
do this by hand. What is the formula for calculating the Age on their Date
of Hire (Column D) and the Age on their Date of Termination (Column E). Any
help would be appreciated!

HelpDeb

Calculating an age at a certain date

That is so cool! Thanks for your help. You're the man!

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Put this In d1
=DATEDIF($A$1,B1,"y")