-   -   Problems calculating total hours (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1848-problems-calculating-total-hours.html)

LolaK

Problems calculating total hours

I am trying to create a wokr sheet that calculates the total hours worked in
a day utilizing hour:minute format. I've tried using =HOUR(B1-A1), and
although the hours get added the minutes don't and I do need a formula that
can calculate hour and minute and give me a total of how many there are in
that work day.

Frank Kabel

Hi
just subtract both values:
=B1-A1
and format as time
if your workin day can span midnigth use
=B1-A1+(B1<A1)
or
=MOD(B1-A1,1)

--